Tuesday, September 2, 2014

It's all worth it

My testimony of Jesus Christ grew leaps and bounds this week. There is a lady here in my ward named *****. She is so sassy and bold and honest. I love her. I know she would never lie to me. (last week I stood up to leave and she said, Sister Cooley! Your purse is too big for you! haha it was funny.) Anyway. We were talking about temples with her, and how sacred they are. She looked me in the eye and said, I know, I saw the Savior there Sister Cooley. I was stunned... I didn't know what to say except...really? She said yes. She then told me about the experience she had. It was incredible. She said she doesnt tell that to people. But I was very grateful she told me. We drove to another appointment that night and talked about Jesus Christ again. About how his grace LITERALLY strengthens us each day. There is a song on a CD we have (Trek by Nashville Tribute) that talks about Jesus Christ...some of the lyrics...
"greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends...
he was with me on the cold ground, when I had just fallen down, by the hole where we layed my little man..." anyway it goes through experiences that the pioneers had like "he was with me when my husband signed on with the battalion."
as we drove I pondered about how I have seen Christ in my life. when has he been with me? I had image after image from my life come into my mind. When I literally had no spiritual, mental, emotional, or physical strength. He was there to pick me up. How else would I be here today? He was with me when I walked out of my door with my suitcases and headed to the mtc. He was with me when I ate chicken for the first time again. He was with me when I faced a friendless day at school again and again. I know he loves me. I feel so fortunate to know that there is something greater than me that is guiding me. My heart breaks for all I see around me, whose lives depth is their electronics and their jobs. People have a harder time believeing in the past because they are so caught up in the present, and in all the business or idleness that surrounds them. Its a crazy paradox. 
But I know, I KNOW, that Christ lives. We watched Faith in Christ DVD with an investigator this week. I cried through the whole thing. I am a Audio/Visual learner, and that is how I feel the spirit best. I watch those miracles that Jesus performed, I hear him teach, and the spirit burns in my heart that they are true.
there is still so much that I don't know, but what I do know, I hold on to. It brings me so much Joy. It pushes me to be better, to go longer, faster, stronger. To be bold. To be brave. 
You don't have to be a missionary to have this experience, to have this testimony grow inside you. All it takes is the small things daily. Read. Pray. Obey.

I love you all so much. I still can't believe that I am on a mission. whoosh. Some days I seriously wonder what I've gotten myself into. But then I see people changing, and I see people happy. and then its all worth it.

I love you. 123 Forever. 212 4th
Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment