Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Crazy in the Cabeza!

Hey fam, 
Guess what... we had a baptism this week. He was so ready, It was the most powerful baptism I have ever been to! A retired marine bore his testimony and it was one of the most powerful I have ever heard. After his baptism he look at peace and high on life. I love that.
We have two other baptism dates in December but I'm not sure I will be around to see it go through.
So this week I went on exchanges with the DL's companion and we had a blast. We knocked on this old guys door and he let us in. He is an old member but he is kind of crazy in the cabeza now so he doesnt really go haha. So we went inside and at first I thought this guy was ON something haha! He told us that he had a surgery performed and that they implanted a small box in his heart and that Jesus literly lives in that little box inside his heart. After that conversation he all the sudden break out into song, it supprised the crap out of me. He would talk with us and then randomely just break out in song. What a cute little old man. He asked me if I could play the guitar and so I played his guitar (the stuff I learned with dad and Jesse) and then I asked him if he knew how to play. SI! SI! Claro que si! I handed the guitar and he started to try to play it with the strings towards his body and he was so confused haha. After we got that all situated he only plucked three strings over and over as he sang a song. He is awesome but I feel bad because I bet he used to be able to play but now he is just loosing it. I sang him a song and we sang together for probably and hour and then had a lesson with him and left. We also had a lesson with his son latter that day and that was awesome too. I love the people down here, they crack me up! haha
I had pig feet for my first time the other day... mom you would hate them. They arent bad tasting, its just a texture thing for some people I guess. I didnt mind them. We always see and eat garganta de pavo in the latino homes. I like the food down here a lot but its not going to make me fat. I still wake up at 5:00 and go to the gym and I bike everywhere. I feel great physically, spiritualy and mentally. We have great lessons with people every day and if I am feeling down I know that God will lift me higher. He has a plan for me and I know he won't lead me astray. So dont worry!
I love you guys- thank you for all you do and for the help and support.
luv ya,
Elder Cooley

No comments:

Post a Comment