Monday, August 11, 2014

Almost There!

Hey fam! Whats up! I'm having a great time. I hope you like all of my pictures. Every day I am in the CCM I realize more and more that it is a giant prison. We have certain shower time, meal time, have a guard walk around with us all the time (companion), and it is heavily guarded. haha. I cant wait to get on the mission. I will tell you though that I love Mexico  In my idioma I have gotten to the point where I just need to hammer out pages of vocabulary because I know how to speak it but I need to know more vocabulary I can tell I am faster at it now but there will always be more i need to learn. I got to go to the temple today! it was cool. We didnt get to go in though because of work being done on it. I wake up at 5:40 every day. I love it. My companion and I go early and study spanish every day. I love it.. 
There is this huge 280lb kid that has been causing a lot of trouble in our casa and he is the district leader and should be a better example (plus it seems like he has anger problems). He has been pretty inappropriate, forgetting whos name is on his chest, and most of all he did something way messed up to me with my own property and without me knowing it. But anyways I ended up making the kid cry and his companion had to go out in the rain at 10:30 and find him. Dont worry though I still remember whose name is on my chest and didn't act out or hurt him. I just walked into his room and gave him a piece of my mind. I have never lectured someone like that before (It wasn't all me; so much of it was not my words). The sad part is that everyone in his district came up to me and thanked me and told me that it had been needed to be said. A 280lb kid with anger problems is not one of my worries in this life. At the beginning of the day when I heard the news of what he did I have NEVER felt more anger in my life. If I saw the kid in that moment he would probably be dead right now. But as I went throughout my day and thought about it, my mind changed (slowly). I was still angry but all of my days scripture studies pertained exactly to the situation. I read about captain Moroni and how he wasn't a man of bloodshed and also forgiving the first and second offense.( I cant explain to you how bad I wanted to punch that kid in the throat). He also said we should pray and feel sad for our enemies. I also read of Christ teaching to turn your cheek. I did my part by pondering and chose to take the higher road.... god always does his part after that. I think that i have learned that the most while being here. I can say this, that everything happens for a reason. God will not stand as someone disrespects his sons name. I have been studying for a situation in the future and didnt even know it. I hope the kid does better because what evidence i have against him could probably get him sent home. I think that if I am going to wear the name of Christ then I should handle situations as Christ would. (it is not about me) 
Moroni is my favorite part in the BOM. I want to be just like him. I have grown a stronger testimony this week and have come to know who I want to serve and who I love. I want to strive in every little moment to have that power from god with me. I have learned how to love, even in hard to love situations. I love being a representative of Jesus Christ.

This is the greatest work in the world.
                                 Hermano Vargus, my teacher
Running hard
212°

Elder Cooley

No comments:

Post a Comment