Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Elder Cooley- First day as a Missionary began bright and early 4am at the airport. He's now in Mexico City at the MTC for the next 6 weeks! He's off and running- not looking back! (literally) We Love him- couldn't be prouder and we're a big gooey mess! But we know he's in God's army now! Go strong son!
Hey fam!! I love it here! There have all ready been cool instances where I have been paired up with elders going to baton rouge and I also went through getting to the MTC with my friend Ben Richards. Mexico is awesome and is cooler than I expected. When we were leaving the airport the bus driver shot a crazy gap (I had my doubts that we were going to make it)  and all of us cheered when he successfully maneuvered the bus, plus the roads are horrible and the speed bumps send you flying out of your bus seat haha:) The roads are full of crazy drivers. The food is beans rice and tortillas... cereal will probably get me through this though. Everyone is way friendly here... a little to friendly. I love it here and there is nothing to worry about. I will be safe and work my but off. I love you. 212° 
"Trust in the Lord with ALL thine Heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and He shall direct the paths." Proverbs 3: 5-6

1 comment:

  1. I know Elder Cooley will do better then his best because he is trusting in the Lord with all of his heart and soul. Elder Cooley so many people are waiting to hear your testimony. Isn't it great to send our children out into the mission field to find those who need the gospel, to bless other families for eternity and for generations to come. Judy and Erik know that you two are also in my prayers with Sister Cooley and Elder Cooley. Love you guys and thank you for the great examples you two are with your serves to others.. It's our turn to serve you guys with hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete