Monday, November 10, 2014

I'm staying in Kenner!

Hey fam! We had transfers this week and I am staying in Kenner! I got a new companero so things are a little different but he is the type to push to do better. We have our differences but thats okay, There must be opposition in all things right? 
I am getting pretty dang good at wheelying my bike now. I love riding everywhere! I love biking areas. Its a good workout. We got a new rule from salt lake this transfer that we cant go to the gym anymore... some missionaries just have to go and ruin it for everyone! There were some going at like 6:00pm-9:00pm (prime proselyting hours)... stupid idiots. So unless president makes some acceptations to rules or something I am stuck just biking and doing 1000 push ups. I still wake up at 5:00 or 5:15 to work out... they think they can stop me..
I feel like I am getting faster at my Spanish. Please pray for my Spanish also. It is much easier to love and help someone when you can communicate with them haha. God blesses you in the time of need. (I know it) Some days and lesson feel better than others; I will understand what is going on in one lesson and in the next... What the freak is this little brown dude saying? 
 We had a friendly long discussion with this guy the other day and it was going so fast with questions.. It was like a friendly bible bash in Spanish... weird huh haha? It is quite interesting if you are arguing, disagreing , or arent staying strong in the church than it always leads back to finding out for yourself and reading and praying (actions). That is what we told that guy and we ended up having a great lesson. 
We have been having some awesome lessons with people lately. We have been focusing hard on peoples needs and what they need to hear. It is always frustrating when someone promises you something and they dont come through. We got three people to agree to go to church again this sunday and not one of them showed up! they were all separate lessons too! I know that if they knew what they were missing than they would leap at the chance to go to church. (just like in 1 Nephi 2:12) And thus Laman and Lemuel, Being the eldest, did murmur against theri father. And they did murmur because they knew not the dealings of that God who had created them. (if you are murmuring than maybe you don't know what God has in store for you or you have forgotten.)- or sometime they just take the truth to be hard. Se depende.
I sometimes feel like people will never change and whats the point but then I think how God has never given up on NOT EVEN ONE of his children. Yes people are stubborn but I have been stubborn too so I cant judge them... You can bring a horse water but you cant make it drink. We are starting over teaching the lessons with a lot of less actives to help them understand and have their own testimony, because they have fallen away and wont come back (hard heart). If they knew than they would jump at what we offer... therefore we are reteaching them.
Thanks for all you do. I am so grateful for this opportunity you have helped me achieve. I will make the best of it. Love yall!
If there is anything that I can do please let me know!

212
4th missionary
Elder Cooley
Look whose cooking Louisiana style!

No comments:

Post a Comment