Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Did we join a NUDEST COLONY?

Hey Family!
 Things are going well this week :) like always!
We had some SUPER funny experiences this week that left us laughing SO hard. 
We are teaching this awesome woman, and on wednesday we went over to her house to read the book of mormon with her. Well, we knocked on the door and the door opened but she was standing behind it so we couldnt see her. She said come in come in! So we did... and she closed the door... SHE WASNT WEARING ANY PANTS! haha.  I said hey little lady! Where are your pants!! she said.. oohh... I just haven't gotten around to putting them on yet. (it was 7pm) hahah. oh goodness. it was so funny. But. we actually ended up having an awesome lesson with her (once she covered herself with a blanket) We asked her if she had done her reading assignment. she said yes... she said she was on 1 Nephi chapter 11! WHATTTT haha she read that much in 3 days. We were pretty excited. She asked us if we would read chapter 11 with her. So we did and then we talked about it. I felt prompted to ask her if she had prayed to know if the book of mormon was true... she smiled a little and nodded her head and went back to looking through the pages. I said... and...what did heavenly father say?... she said.. thats my prayer! Thats private! haha so I said.. hmm.... did he tell you it was true... she got a big smile and nodded her head. Wow. The spirit was really strong. We talked about it for a little longer. I am excited for her. She is super hard core christian, been attending the same church for like 60 years. But little by little, it will happen :) hopefully she will have some pants on next time! Ha!
I know its not funny..but it seriously is. Sister Howard has now seen 4 naked people since coming on her mission. 
I want you to know something though. I am SO grateful to be a missionary. I have been able to see myself change. And that to me is more than anything. There is absolutely no way that I would have EVER changed my stubborn ways had I not come here. Had I not had these experiences crafted just for me. I have learned to be so much more with Heavenly Fathers help. I have SOOO much more to work on, and know that life is a forever long learning process.. we are NEVER done changing. But I am grateful for the experiences I have had here. I think about the River God song a lot... little stones are smooth, only once the water passes through. 
I want to be a smooth stone. I want to be refined and made pure and made stronger. Like silver, like iron. like all that is refined. I know I can only have this with the water passing through.. the experiences and things that Heavenly Father allows, whether because of mortal life, others choices or my own poor choices. 
Like the mound of potters clay
Lord please mold me day by day.

I love you all. Thanks for your prayers and support. I am doing well.

Love you forever!
212 degrees. 4th missionary. WORKING MY LITTLE FANNY OFF!

love megs (Sister megs)

No comments:

Post a Comment