Tuesday, May 26, 2015

My Acres of Diamonds

How has my family been? I have been good. This week went by pretty fast because we were pretty dang busy. We have formed an awesome relationship with our ward and especially with our bishop. We have worked well together and right now we are trying to get their ward roster all cleaned up. This gives us the chance to talk to a lot of people of all different back grounds.

This week we worked a lot with a guy that has gone through a lot of stuff in his life. He was living out of his car with his wife and baby. He was once a member and was very into it too. He told us how he did scouting and all that fun stuff. He got involved with some bad stuff and he is trying to get on his feet now. He broke down with us and said that he doesn't know what to do. We got in touch with bishop, got him some food every time we saw him, and now I think he is doing better, and was two weeks clean from drugs when we last saw him.

My companion and I speak Spanish a lot throughout our day. We get along well and he is a big help to my Spanish.

Before coming to email our washing machine broke half way through our cycle so I had to ring out bed sheets and get the water out with a plastic cup. I think they will be dropping off a used one or I am going to have to walk down to the laundromat. haha
I love it down here. The people are so humble and kind. Almost all of our ward is converts and have powerful testimonies and excitement about the gospel. I love to work with people and try my best to help them (not change them) but help and motivate so that they will desire it themselves.

I love my mission, It is my acres of diamonds and I'm going to discover and use it.
Love y'all fam and friends.

Elder Cooley

No comments:

Post a Comment