Friday, May 8, 2015

Hi Y'All!



I have had a good week this week. So turns out we are covering a huge area thats Spanish. We don't have a lot of Hispanics yet to fill our entire week so I think we will be teaching a lot of English too.

We are headed out fishing again today. I absolutely love it here. 

So I shared my testimony in sacrament for the first time on my mission this past fast Sunday. I usually don't feel the need to do so but this time while translating I felt inspired to go tell a certain story that I recently had on my mission.

I had my first craw fish boil the other day. I loved it. It is spicy and such a big part of their culture down here. Like you can see in the pictures you just peel them, suck their heads and then eat the meat in the tail. They give you huge plates to eat them too.

I have a new companion that is originally from Mexico. He is Hispanic and really nice. I feel like we get along just fine. I feel like he will help me a lot with my Spanish too. 

I am driving now, I feel so free! I have been so sick of being a back seat and passenger seat driver. 

I sent you a package mom! I know you will LOVE it.

So we found a Hispanic area this month. It is on a giant farm and they live in a hotel looking complex that the owner built. THERE ARE SO MANY! I said it looks like if you stepped on an ant hill and they are swarming everywhere haha. We go talk to them one at a time. 

We are helping three people quit smoking right now. With two of them They have such a strong desire to quite that its inspiring to me. 

I don't have much to say this week but As long as y'all know that I love ya. Have an awesome week and I will call you for mothers day.

Love,
Elder Cooley

No comments:

Post a Comment