Wednesday, June 10, 2015

un paso en paso

Hey family how are y'all doing? I have had a good week. It is raining really hard right now. We are going down to the bayou right after I get done emailing. I love it.

My shoulder is doing good. I feel good. I am used to waking up at 5:00 now. My alarm goes off and I'M UP! I feel like my Spanish is getting better too. I feel like it is becoming more natural. I don't have to think of how to say stuff as much as I used to. I enjoy Spanish, but it is easy to get discouraged with a language. One little step at a time right? un paso en paso.

I will be sending y'all a cool video today. It is of the guy off of swamp people. T mike

there are people here that are like family to me now. We have spent a lot of time with them and working with them. Two of them are trying to stop smoking and one of those two are a member. I have never met better people. The lady grew up and was homeless. She lived 2 years in mexico too. They are going through hard times right now and the gospel has brought their family further than ever before. They are close and strong. the non member is reading the book of Mormon like crazy. He says that it gives him strength and gets rid of stress and anxiety.

I have met a lot of people out here that have a dream of one day living in Utah. If you are not on your feet then Louisiana is a pretty rough place for them. I want to help other people in my life. I have found that many people have the heart to help others but not a lot of those people would go as far as giving the shirt off their back. Is not life more than meat and the body than raiment? 

We found a new Hispanic family. This lady crossed the border and they put an ankle bracelet on her to track her. No other Hispanics have that! She feels pretty burdened especially because it will electrocute her randomly. They are an awesome family and they are really receptive.

My trainer is going home on Wednesday. Time flies.

I love y'all fam. Have an awesome week.

Elder Cooley 

No comments:

Post a Comment