Monday, May 18, 2015

Attitude!

hey fam. 
This week was amazing to me. Nothing changed throughout my day but my attitude and how to progress my mind has improved, and that will make all the difference. Laman and Lemuel went on the same journey as Nephi but which one had a better experience all because of his attitude? I had a lot of things that led up to me deciding to change my attitude or mind-sight and this included a lot of opposition. There is only one way out of mediocrity.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others".

I only have control over that in which I do and how I act, No one is my keeper. It is our attitude towards life that will determine life's attitude towards us. Have you ever heard someone say that life is dull only to dull people? That is all because of attitude. Life is also interesting only to interesting people.
anyways... I will stop boring y'all. I don't think I can fit all of my thoughts in this email. 

Julian is back. haha it turns out that he had to go out of town to get checked up medically by the V.A. All is good. He called us and then showed up to church the next day. He is still strong in faith and confident in what he does. He is actually working at the VA now coordinating things and people come to him for help now. He is inspiring to me. 

I have been put into the Hammond ward and we still do all Spanish work around too. I love it. I am meeting even more new people and get to feel the great new feeling of having to start all over. I like this ward a lot and the people like always are awesome. 

I got the chance to talk to a little girl this week that had problems with stress and she was very shy. I thought about how thankful I have been for advocates in my life and those that took the time to stop and uplift or inspire me. The girl shyly told me that she liked my necklace that I bought the previous week and so I asked her if she wanted it. She shyly shook her head and so I told her she could have it only if she promises to do three things.
  • To do something every day that scares her and gets her out of her comfort zone.
  • To always have a good attitude and if you aren't then Change It.
  • Find a passion and dream you have in life and stick with it, never give up.
I thought about my life and the Life of a sister of mine that powerfully got over an eating disorder and how BIG of an influence we have on other people. Our words and actions towards others can cause trans-formative moments in their lives, either for the best or worst. The greatest currency that we have in this life is the effect that we have on others. Everything else rots and withers away, all that will be left is what was in our hearts. I love to imagine that I made a difference in that little girls life that day and that she will always remember it. A few words can either tear or build a person... but over time one of the two will start to dominate and be hard to defeat whether for the good or bad. We Do make an impact, So make it a good one. Be the difference that you want to see.

Well I love y'all. Have and awesome week.
Elder Cooley ​
It rains like crazy here. Literally like a wall of water.


No comments:

Post a Comment