Friday, August 7, 2015

Eatin some Gator

I had another good week. All went well except for one thing... my companion tore his Achilles tendon, the doctor thinks. It happened playing soccer on our last p day. I feel bad for him and have been trying to help him out as much as I can. He has an MRI appointment this Tuesday to find out for sure. We have still been working and have actually talked to a few people about baptism this week. He has three months left and I can tell that he gets depressed because of having an injury so close to him finishing. Basically we keep his mind off of it and stay busy and putting a purpose to every moment so that he wont think about it. He is strong and I know that he will be all right. I hope that I can be of some help to him though.

We went to dinner at this black ladies house this week. She made me laugh a lot. She brought out a jar of pickles and told us to eat some with our dinner. I ate one and she told me to take another haha she screamed "You like em?...have another!" "GET IT" "Dont be modest!" "GET IT" "GET IT!" "GET IT!!!" hahaha. She cracks me up. I have never felt more pressured by a black person to eat a piece of food before in my life haha. 

I am going over to the Landry's home tonight to cook them Doughies and have a lesson after that. I hope they like them... oh wait, they are doughies, I know that they will like them ha. 

I went fishing this morning. I didn't catch anything but that was probably because I was reading the whole time. I have come to LOVE reading. Of course it will never replace jumping from planes, the out doors, extreme sports and stuff like that but I enjoy it a lot. My favorite so far is JESUS THE CHRIST. I like reading about Jesus. He was so amazing. I am fascinated by his stories.

I ate some Gator this week. I have had a lot of opportunities to eat it at shops before but Landry cooked it all sorts of ways for us and it was dang good. It is a better version of chicken I think.

We were having a lesson with this Cajun lady this week and her son had to keep telling her that she was speaking in her Cajun accent..."MOM your doing it again!" She would be talking in a thick hick accent and then all the sudden we couldn't understand her at all haha. It sounds like a whole other language. I have heard it before but not as bad as hers haha. She was raised on an island in the swamps and used to take a boat to get to school on the mainland.


I love my area and the people. Have a good week fam. Love y'all.

Elder Cooley



No comments:

Post a Comment