Wednesday, January 21, 2015

IMMM FEEEEELIN THE HOLY SPIRIT!!!!

Hello fam! How yall makin out?
We had two elders from the 70 come and talk to us this week. One of them used to be a Baptist preacher (Elder Parker) and I have never heard a more powerful speaker. I have never seen such a powerful stake conference either. A man stood up and started to argue about what he was teaching... That man got a spiritual choke slam to the dirt. I would say it isnt wise to bash with an Elder from the quorum of the 70 that used to be a Baptist preacher (they know their bible).

 I was in the Martin Luther King day parade the other day haha.... holy crap! I have never seen so many black people in my life haha... im not even joking!:) we also went to a Baptist church that same day. This time it was a little more political because of Martin Luther King day but I have never heard the word "Rape" that much and swearing over a pulpit before haha. The world is tough and cruel though and everyone needs to know it, they preached powerfully of that and past experiences of racism. I like the rap music that they play though. It was a trip going to church with clapping and shouting and random breakouts in song and dance. People launch out of their seats and throw their hands in the air haha. PRAISE JESUS!!! OH LORD!!! LORD!! LORD!!! IMMM FEEEEELIN THE HOLY SPIRIT!!!!.... I love the south. hah crazy! I am looking forward to going to more churches of other faiths. Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Baptists, all of them! How are you going to teach them if you don't know them. Plus everyone has something (wisdom, knowledge) to offer.

I am losing weight out here. I am eating plenty but I am not working out like at home. I don't care though because what we give we will get blessings for. I cant ever complain because I look at my life and how blessed I am. I have seen so many people in the streets and that will probably stay and die there also.

I was at a house of an investigator the other day and after we were done eating (I found a piece of raw meat in my soup. Still see through too!) we went into a different room to have a lesson. During the lesson His girlfriend/wife was hitting his little girls. I sat there for a little bit to see if it would stop but it never did. She was yelling TU ES BASURA (you are trash in Spanish). I stopped the lesson and asked the man if he was going to do something about it or if I had to. He looked at me blankly and I told him that she was beating your little girl, your daughter and that it is not right. After it all stopped he talked about how he wants to leave her and that he has tried to stop it a lot before but she doesn't get it. if he leaves her then she will be homeless. life's a b!%$#.... I hope everything works out. Next time something like that happens I am going to do more and take care of the problem myself. What will life turn into if we aren't willing to speak up.

I love it out here. There are a lot of things I want to do with my life but I would have to say that this is a good start. I want to have a career of serving other people and my country... Im going to need God on my side. If there is a higher being and he put us here than there is a reason for it... there is more to it. Lets make sure that people can get to that next step. Lets do the humane things so that we can become Gods. If you never learn how to be humane than you will never know how to rule the humane as a God. There is always more that we can do, learn, and become. Life never stops moving and changing. CHANGE is Not impossible.
Love yall tons.
Elder Cooley

No comments:

Post a Comment